Monday, April 20, 2009

Drag him out your window. Dragging out the dead. Singing I miss you..


So I put my iPod on shuffle and up came Radiohead's "A Wolf At the Door" from Hail to the Thief and I was just floored, what an amazing song. I gave a listen to the rest of the album and I cant believe I hadnt been listening to it earlier. Radiohead makes such beautiful music, their lyrics are so evocative, they really make you feel something. I love the album artwork, I wikied it and the layout is meant to resemble a roadmap with various signs. Read up Thom Yorke's explanation of the song and its supposed to be a compilation of nightmares. What a perfect description, this song makes me feel like my nerves are on end, like charged copper wires are falling out of my myellin sheathed schwann cells, tearing up the tissues and cells with their blunt, fiery ends.

No comments: